1 3/4 cups mayonaise
1 3/4 cups cold brewed coffee (room temp.)
1/4 oz vanilla
14 oz cake flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
3 oz cocoa powder
3/4 lbs granulated sugar
Ganache Frosting ingredients:
1 cups heavy whipping cream
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Sift flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar.
3. Mix ingredients, taking care not over mix.
4. Pour batter into a 13X9 inch pan.
5. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
1. Bring cream to a simmer in a medium nonreactive saucepan over medium heat.
2. Remove from heat and add chocolate all at once.
3. Let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Whisk the glaze smooth.
1. Cut a fairly large square of cake, and place on a dessert plate. (Still warm, or reheat in microwave slightly)
2. Liberally pour warm fudge sauce over cake.
3. Top with freshly whipped cream (please...no cool whip for this baby) and chopped nuts.
4. If this is as good as the original, you may wish to place a towel under your chair, as you will probably melt with pleasure after having tasted it. ;)